Serves: 6-8 pancakes (2 people)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon fine oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (for frying)
- TOPPINGS !
- pre heat the coconut oil a frying pan over a medium/low heat (this is key – it means that the pancakes can cook through with out burning before flipping!)
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the banana mash with the vanilla, oat meal and cinnamon. Combine together thoroughly.
- Add two tablespoons of mixture to the pan and fry until just about set, then flip. This will ensure that both sides of the pancake are a nice golden brown and cooked through. Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with a topping of your choice !
These pancakes are a great alternative to their sugary counterpart. I love to eat them smothered with almond butter and topped with fresh fruit and nuts. They also taste great drizzled with maple syrup, sliced banana and dusted with a little more cinnamon. They are super easy to make, and are so versatile flavour wise they will please even the fussiest of eaters ! They are best eaten hot from the pan – if I am making a big batch I put the oven on low and put them in there covered in foil to keep warm before serving.