Serves: 12-16 brownies
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 190g dairy free butter
- 80g gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g raw cacao
- 200g raw dark chocolate
- 200g coconut sugar
- 50g stevia
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil and grease proof paper.
- Place the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water). Melt the butter and the chocolate together. Leave to one side to cool.
- Add 3 whole eggs, the coconut sugar, stevia, maple syrup and vanilla essence to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until the mixture becomes a pale thick milkshaky texture.
- Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Be gentle !
- Separate three eggs. Place the yolks to one side (you don’t need them for this – use them up in some FODMAP friendly mayo!) and add the whites to a mixing bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form – you should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the mixture stay put.
- Add one tablespoon of the egg white mixture to the chocolate and egg mixture bowl. Gently fold in in a figure of eight motion. Fold in the rest of the mixture in the same way.
- Sieve the flour and raw cacao into the mixture and gently combine together.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the baking tray. Arrange the frozen raspberries on top and then cover with the rest of the brownie mixture ( this will ensure that the raspberries don’t burn in the oven).
- Place in the oven for 20 – 25 mins – the brownies should still have a little wobble!
- Leave to cool completely before slicing up and eating.
Guilt free FODMAP gluten and dairy free brownies – music to my ears ! These chocolate and raspberry mouthfuls are the best decadent treat, free from processed sugar but still super sweet and chocolatey. They are great for sharing with guests, and children love them too. Store for up to a week in an air tight container or alternatively slice up and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.