Serves: 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 oz coconut sugar
- 1 oz stevia
- 8oz gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- small pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 4 table spoons chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Grease with coconut oil and line a loaf tin.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the pecans and sunflower seeds in the oven on an oven proof tray to toast (should take about 5-7 mins) – keep an eye on them so they don’t burn !
- Remove from the oven and set to one side
- Mash the bananas with a fork
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (30 second, stir, 30 seconds)
- Whisk eggs.
- Add the melted coconut oil, olive oil, coconut sugar, stevia, bananas and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Stir and combine
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon over the top.
- Add the pecans and pumpkin seeds and fold together.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin making sure that the surface is even.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 mins ( a metal skewer will come out clean)
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week.
This is my new favourite treat, it is so so good warm with a little almond butter spread on top – delicious ! This pecan powered loaf can also give your skin a little boost as pecans contain zinc which helps in maintaining skin health by guarding against infections. As always it is completely gluten free and FODMAP friendly 😀 Let it cool a bit before slicing – if you aren’t going to eat it all at once it can be frozen and defrosted for another time.