Serves: 3 shots
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 large lemon (juiced)
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 200ml water
- Juice the lemon and peel the ginger
- Add the lemon juice, ginger, water and maple syrup to a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Pass the liquid through a sieve to catch and lemon pips and stringy bits of ginger that may have escaped
- Divide into three little mason jars and enjoy ( I save and use the jars that my nut butter comes in)
I start every day with one of these shots without fail. They really wake you up in the morning and are so good for your tummy. I like to add mine to a mug with some boiling water and enjoy as a hot drink. They are great to make ahead and can be stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week.