Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 jar raspberry jam (see FODMAP Raspberry Jam)
- 175g raw dark chocolate
- 6 large eggs – separated
- 75g coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 50g stevia
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- Pre heat the the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line and grease with coconut oil a large swiss-roll tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water – don’t let the bowl touch the water !
- Separate the egg yolks from the white
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl and whisk with the stevia and coconut sugar until light and creamy like a milkshake.
- Add the cooled chocolate and maple syrup to the egg yolk mixture and gently fold in.
- In a separate bowl whisk up the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add a table spoon of the egg whites to the chocolatey mixture and fold in. Add the rest of the egg whites and fold in.
- Sieve the raw cacao into the mixture and gently fold in.
- Once folded together add the mixture to the swiss roll tin and bake for 20 mins in the oven.
- Remove the tin from the oven and leave to cool for 10 mins on a wire cooling rack.
- When still warm roll and leave to cool completely (don’t worry if it cracks !)
- Once cooled unroll and spread with jam and then roll up again. (again don’t worry if it cracks, the bits that fall apart can be stuck back together with the jam).
- Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve.
This chocolate roulade is a real show stopper and a great treat to share with freinds. Admitted it is a little fiddle to make, but it is so so tasty the hard work is really worth it. Once made store in an air tight container for up to a week.