Serves: 15 – 20 biscuits
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 15 – 20
- 7 oz gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz coconut oil (melted)
- 4 oz coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave (30 seconds, stir, then another 30 seconds)
- Line a cookie tray with a little coconut oil and baking paper
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine until a cookie dough forms.
- Wrap the cookie dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll out the dough to a pound coin thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Make into cookies using a cookie cutter of your desired shape.
- Place onto the cookie tray and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
These ginger bread biscuits are so so tasty and really easy to make. They would be a great treat to get little ones involved with baking, cookie cutting was always my favourite job. I made this batch Halloween themed, but with some Christmas cookie cutters you can adapt them for a holiday themed treat! They will keep for about a week in an air tight container…. if they last that long….