Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 3 mins
- 1 tablespoon homemade pesto
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 salad tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 small courgette
- 1 handful fresh mixed salad leaves
- 1 egg
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Grate the carrot, finely chop the chilli, fresh coriander and courgette and slice the tomato.
- Add to a large salad bowl with the mixed leaves.
- In a dry frying pan lightly toast the pine nuts and add to the salad bowl.
- Bring a pan full of water to a gentle simmer
- Crack the egg into a bowl.
- Make a whirl pool in the centre of the water and add the egg. Cook for 3 mins
- Toss the salad with the salt, pepper and olive oil. Plate up.
- Remove the egg from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on top of the salad.
- Drip the fresh pesto over the salad and enjoy!
Pesto and eggs are such a great combination, there is nothing more satisfying than cutting into a runny yolk! This salad is best served when the egg is fresh from the pan, warm and runny inside.