Prep time: 7 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 Aubergine
- 4 Salad tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 10 green olives
- 2 Handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Roughly chop the vegetables and add to an oven proof dish.
- Add the paprika, salt, pepper, dried herbs, lemon juice and olive oil to the dish and coat the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for 30 mins
- In a dry frying toast the pine nuts over a medium heat and set to one side.
- When the vegetables are cooked remove from the oven.
- Toss with the mixed salad leaves
- Serve garnished with the toasted pine nuts
As you have probably noticed by now I am a biiiig fan of paprika. I think it adds such a great flavour to the vegetables, and this salad is no exception. This dish is best served while the vegetables are still warm. If you are a carnivore at heart this salad goes great with a nice piece of fish or a chicken breast.