Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 large carrots
- 1 salad tomato
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- peel and roughly chop the carrots
- Add to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 mins.
- Drain and remove from the pan into an oven proof dish.
- Season with the paprika, dried chives and maple syrup. Thoroughly coat the carrots and place in the oven for 25 mins
- Roughly chop the tomato and add to a salad bowl
- Add the spinach to the salad bowl
- In a dry frying pan toast the seeds over a medium heat and add to the salad bowl when toasted
- Combine together the dressing ingredients and set to one side
- When the carrots have cooked a remove from the oven and add to the salad bowl
- Season with salt and pepper and toss in the dressing
- Serve and enjoy!
These paprika and maple roasted carrots are the best. Adding the maple syrup is a trick I learnt from my mum (where all my best cooking tips come from!), and my goodness it makes all the difference. This salad is best served when the carrots are still warm from the oven, and the spinach is nice and fresh and not wilted.