Serves: 8 / 10 slices
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 / 40 mins
- 100g oats
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon linseeds
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds with 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 100 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare and oven proof baking dish by lining it with coconut oil and baking paper.
- Place the chia seeds and 6 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Combine and leave to set until a gel forms ( about 10 mins)
- Measure out the oats, cinnamon and linseeds and place them a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Toast the pumpkin seeds and chopped walnuts.
- Add to the mixing bowl with the oats.
- Grate a carrot into the mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave ( about 1 min)
- Add the coconut oil, water, raisins and maple syrup to a food processor. Whizz up until a smooth loose paste like texture forms.
- Add the raisin paste and the chia seed paste to the mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Tip into the lined oven proof dish and smooth with the back of a spoon so the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins – the top will be nice and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before attempting to slice !
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week.
A great sweet treat, that is 100% gluten and dairy free! Packed with the great flavour of an indulgent slice of carrot cake but with all natural ingredients and no refined sugars. It is a completely naturally sweet treat that I love to eat as a mid morning snack during the week. A healthy snack that you can actually enjoy !