Serves: 2 /3
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 2 / 3 hours (low and slow)
- 1 large Aubergine
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2 / 3 cup of water
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon Marmite
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
Thai green paste:
- 5 /6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 lemon grass stalks
- 1 bag of fresh chives
- 1 bag of fresh coriander ( 1 handful of the leaves left aside)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 fresh green chilli (seeds and stalk removed)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 150 ml water
- preheat the oven to 120 degrees
- place all of the curry paste ingredients into a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms. Set to one side.
- Peel the potatoes. Roughly chop along with the aubergine.
- Heat the coconut oil in pan over a medium heat and brown the potatoes and the aubergine.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, Marmite, quinoa and water.
- Stir and combine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Place in the over and cook for 2 / 3 hours.
- Serve with a handful of coriander leaves stirred through and enjoy.
This dish is so fragrant, making the curry paste from scratch makes all the difference. Using fresh and natural ingredients also makes sure that there are no hidden ingredients that will upset sensitive tummies. I love to eat this with a couple of gluten free flat breads, or tender brown rice seasoned with fresh coriander and lime juice.