Prep time: 5 mins
Setting time: 4 -6 hours
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 150 ml dairy free / nut / coconut milk
- Place the dairy free milk, cacao and maple syrup in a blender
- Blend until smooth ( you don’t want any lumps of cacao )
- Place the chia seeds in a bowl. Add the cacao / milk mixture.
- Stir until all the chia seeds are incorporated into the liquid.
- Place in the fridge and set for at least 4 – 6 hours ( I usually leave mine over night)
A sweet treat that won’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable, this chia pot really does feel like a naughty treat. So so chocolatey, it will make the biggest sugar monster happy. However it contains no processed sugar or dairy, so it is in fact super good for you and kind to your digestive system too.The cacao is a great energy boost, containing phenethylamine which is said to increase focus and alertness. I enjoy either as a weekend breakfast treat, or a post dinner desert.