Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
- 1 red pepper
- 4 salad tomatoes
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 small aubergine
- 2 eggs
- 2 table spoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
- coat the potatoes with a teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a roasting tray in the oven and cook for about an hour ( after 30 mins turn them over – if they look like they are catching cover with foil).
- Chop up the tomatoes, aubergine and red pepper into bite sized chunks. Place in a roasting tray. Cover and coat in the rest of the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, chilli flakes and mixed herbs. Place in the oven for 30 mins once the potatoes have been in for half an hour.
- In a dry frying pan toast the nuts and set to one side.
- Finely chop the fresh chives and set to one side.
- Fill a sauce pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Crack the eggs into a cup (one at a time) and add to the water. Cook for 3 mins
- When the veg is cooked add most of the fresh chives and the pine nuts. Combine and divide between two plates.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, cut in half and arrange on plates.
- Remove the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on top of the roasted vegetables.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh chives and serve.
This is comfort food at its best. There really is nothing better than a crisp jacket potato served with vegetables seasoned with fresh herbs and warming paprika. The flavour combination is so tasty. A great meal to end a cold winters day, filling and delicious.