Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 6 / 7
- 2 large free range eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 red chilli diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- splash olive oil
- Heat a frying pan with a splash of olive oil over a low heat.
- Finely dice the chilli and chop the fresh chives.
- Whisk together the two eggs with salt, pepper, half the chives and half the diced chilli.
- Pour the mixture in to the pan and cook for one min. Then distribute the rest of the chilli and chives across the top.
- Continue to cook the omelette for another couple of minutes. The base should be firm enough than you can fold it in half.
- Cook folded on one side for one / two mins and then a further one / two mins on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy !
Such a simple recipe that is so so quick to make. I enjoy this omelette for dinner, if i need a quick meal after work, but it can also be a great savoury breakfast treat too ! The eggs are packed with great protein and the fresh chilli gives the dish a real kick. 100% gluten and dairy free, it is a FODMAP friendly winner.