Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 7 / 8
- 1 courgette (spiralized into ribbons)
- 2 medium carrots ( spiralized into noodles)
- 1 red chilli (seeds removed and diced)
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 table spoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Spiralize the courgette into ribbons and carrot into noodles. Thinly slice the red chilli and red pepper. Finely chop the fresh herbs and crush the ginger. Set to one side.
- Slice the chicken breast into bite sized chunks
- Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Set to one side.
- Heat the sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of lime in a large wok over a high heat.
- Add the chicken and fresh ginger and cook, continuously stirring for 3 / 4 mins.
- Add the carrots, red pepper, salt, pepper and fresh chilli. Continue to stir fry for 2 mins. ( The veg should still have a nice crunch)
- Turn the heat off and add the fresh herbs, rocket and courgette ribbons. Stir through in the pan.
- Divide the stir fry between two plates and serve garnished with the toasted seeds.
This meal really is the go too for a super quick, fresh mid week meal. It really can be prepped and served in under 15 mins! The fresh ginger in this stir fry is great for those of you who suffer with tummy issues, it naturally contains anti inflammatory compounds that will soothe your stomach.