Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 3 – 4 mins
- 1 egg
- 1 courgette
- 1 red chilli ( chopped and seeds removed)
- 1 salad tomato (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 handful rocket
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a dry frying pan toast the seeds over a medium heat. Set to one side.
- Spiralize the courgette into ribbons, finely chop the chilli and remove the seeds, chop the tomato and finely chop the fresh herbs. Add to a large salad bowl.
- Add the rocket to the salad bowl with the salt, pepper and lime juice and toss.
- Plate up the salad.
- Heat a medium saucepan filled with water and a teaspoon white wine vinegar to a boil. Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Crack the egg into a cup.
- Make a whirlpool in the water and add the egg.
- Cook in the water for 3-4 mins.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with the toasted seeds and serve.
There is nothing more satisfying than cutting into a runny poached egg. They are such a great source of protein and in comparison to meat, inexpensive too ! Once you have mastered the art of poaching an egg (daunting I know, but so easy once you have tried trust me !), this salad is so quick and easy to whip up. 100% FODMAP friendly and full of amazing flavours this really is one you should give a go!