Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 large salad tomatoes
- 4 green olives
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bag rocket
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Chop up the aubergine into bite sized pieces and the lemon into chunky wedges. Add to a roasting tray
- Season the aubergine and lemons with the paprika, chilli flakes and olive oil. Toss to evenly coat the veg and roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- Spiralize the courgette into ribbons, slice the tomatoes, quarter the olives and finely chop up a tablespoon of fresh chives.
- Add to a large salad bowl with the rocket and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat and toast the nuts and seeds. Set to one side.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and set to one side.
- When the aubergine is cooked add to the salad bowl and discard the lemon wedges.
- Add the dressing and toss the salad.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted nuts and seeds.
If you love aubergine as much as I do you really can’t go wrong with this salad. The heat of the paprika alongside the fresh tangy lemon is a really great flavour combination. This salad is best served while the aubergine is still hot from the oven, but it can also be stored in the fridge and eaten cold at a later time. Be sure to use fresh lemons for maximum flavour !