Makes 6 / 8
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 100g oats
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100ml water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds combined with 8 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a heat proof baking dish with baking paper and coconut oil.
- Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside until it forms into a gel like substance ( about 10 mins)
- Measure out oats, seeds and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil ( about 3 seconds in a heat proof bowl in the microwave should do it)
- Add the coconut oil, raisins, water and maple syrup to a food processor. Combine until a liquid paste forms.
- Add the liquid paste and chia seeds to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Transfer to the lined baking dish and bake in the oven for 25 / 30 mins. The top should be nice and golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into breakfast bars.
These super seedy bars are an ideal on the go breakfast boost. The seeds are little pieces of nutritional gold packed with magnesium, manganese, zinc and copper guaranteed to power you through the day. They are really portable and great to make in advance. Those pushed for time in the morning now have no excuses for missing breakfast! They should be stored in an airtight container, and will last up to a week.