Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 3 teaspoons pecans (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup of coconut / nut / dairy free milk
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the maple syrup and pecans. Toast until the nuts are nice and caramelised (about 2 /3 mins). Set to one side.
- Add banana, cinnamon and nut milk to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the oats, milk mixture and coconut oil to a pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for 5/6 mins – stir continuously. You want the oats to break down and the porridge to become thick and creamy.
- Stir through the nuts, seeds and raisins and serve.
This bowl of porridge is like a warm hug in a bowl. The pecans are full of healthy unsaturated fat, helping lower cholesterol, while also being rich in manganese ( a powerful antioxidant) giving your immune system a boost as the weather starts to get colder. It is a great way to set you up for a long day, guaranteed to fill you up until lunch time. So no danger of the mid morning munchies here !