Prep: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 large courgette
- 3 salad tomatoes
- 8 green olives
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons home made pesto
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Chop up aubergines and tomatoes into bite sized chunks. Cover with olive oil, dried basil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 mins.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite sized chunks. Sear in the pan and then place in an oven proof dish. Cover with tin foil and place in the oven to cook through (it will be done when the veg has finished cooking)
- In the same pan toast the pine nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Set to one side.
- Using a spiralizer turn the courgettes into courgetti noodles.
- When the veg has cooked add the pesto, chicken, spinach and courgetti noodles to the oven proof dish. Combine and place back in the oven for 5 mins so the spinach wilts.
- Serve with the toasted nuts and seeds sprinkled over the top.
Pesto pasta cravings be gone ! This meal is just the ticket after a long day. It is super filling, nutritious and tasty, minus the bloating that comes with traditional pasta dinners. I personally love the fresh taste and crunch the courgetti brings, but you can equally substitute it for gluten free pasta and it still tastes just as good. I advise making the courgetti fresh and eating immediately to avoid soggyness, the rest though will sit quite happily in the fridge for a few days.