Makes 8/ 10 balls
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 /2 small carrot (grated)
- 3 tablespoons walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Grate the carrot.
- Toast walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the carrot, toasted nuts and seeds and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until a fairly coarse paste forms.
- Divide the paste into bite size shaped balls (the only way to do this is with your hands! )
- Place on some tin foil and set in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
These are definitely my favourite snack at the moment. Their subtle cinnamon flavour makes them taste like a little bite of autumn. They are completely free from processed sugar (Yay! ), with the carrot giving you a great vitamin A boost. They stay fresh in the fridge for about a week and also freeze really well too !