Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 large red pepper (seeds removed and cut into chunks)
- 6 Salad tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag of fresh chives (roughly chopped)
- 1 bag fresh basil (stalks removed and roughly chopped)
- 1250 ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Marmite
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, tablespoon olive oil and dried herbs to an oven proof dish.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 min
- Place chopped carrots, salt and pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over a low heat. Soften for 30 mins.
- Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and add to the pan with the boiling water, Marmite, tomato puree and fresh chives.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Blend in the pan using a hand blender ( proceed with caution – I may or may not have decorated the kitchen in soup the first time…)
- Stir through fresh basil and serve.
This is such a delicious dish, the fresh herbs pack it full of flavour, you wont even know the onion is missing! It is perfect warming lunch on a cold day. I usually serve with dollop of FODMAP pesto stirred through, and a chunk of gluten free bread or a couple of rice cakes. It freezes really well and will keep in the fridge for 3 / 4 days, making it an easy mid week go to. Convenient, fresh FODMAP friendly food at its best !