Prep time: 5 mins
- 1 bag fresh basil
- 1 bag chives
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms. (Tip: blend, scrape the sides down and blend again to make sure everything is smooth)
- Store in an air tight jar and keep in the fridge.
When I first began my FODMAP friendly lifestyle I reaaaaally missed pesto. Unfortunately the shop bought versions tend to be packed full of garlic, which for me is a big NO! This home made alternative was a huge revelation, it takes minutes to make and tastes heavenly. Packed full of fresh ingredients it is so full of flavour, I love to eat it stirred into big bowl of gluten free pasta. Be sure to store it in the fridge, it will stay fresh in there for a week or so…. if it lasts that long !