Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 / 20
- 500g mince (the leaner the better)
- 1 red chilli (seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bag of fresh chives
- 1 egg
- pinch salt and pepper
- Add chilli, egg, chives, paprika, salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Blend until a green paste forms (it should be quite liquidy).
- Combine green paste with mince in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mince and chive mixture into four and shape into burgers.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil on a high heat in a frying pan.
- Sear the burgers on each side
- Cover with foil in an oven proof dish.
- Place in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes ( depending on how pink you like them in the middle)
Burgers are back on the menu ! This burger is just as delicious (maybe even more so) than its oniony, breadcrumby counterpart, and oh so easy to make to boot. I either serve mine ‘naked’ with a generous helping of salad, or in a gluten free bun with some home made tomato sauce. They also freeze really well. I usually buy my mince in bulk, make a big batch of burgers, then pop the ones I am not going to eat right away raw in the freezer. So easy and so so good.